Saturday 8 February 2014

The Long Sentence Games

Begin the game by saying I've got a cake. Explain that first player has to repeat this sentence and add a new object or objects, e.g. I've got a cake and two pens. The game continues with each player in turn, trying to remember what the last player said, and then adding on a new item to the sentence. Players get minus points if they (a) make a memory mistake; or (b) hesitate too long. Do not give players minus points for grammar mistakes just correct the mistake and let the player continue.
Example round with a group of five players:
Player 1 : I've got a cake and two pens
Player 2 : I've got a cake, two pens and a book
Player 3 : I've got a cake, two pens, a book and six keys
Player 4 : I've got a cake, two pens, a book......
               (This player makes a memory mistake and so gets a minus points)
Player 5 : I've got a cake, two pens, a book, six keys and an apple
Player 6 : I've got a cake, two pens.... etc
And so on. You could then begin a new game with a different basic sentence. e.g. He's got a car.... The player with least number of minus points at the end of the game is the winner.
Hints: Play a trial round before playing properly.

Grammar Focus:
Have got + articles (a,an): I've got a cake
thumbnail
Judul: The Long Sentence Games
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Ditulis Oleh

Artikel Terkait english classroom games, Long Sentence Games :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. About - Sitemap - Contact - Privacy
Template Seo Elite oleh Bamz